Pigs in Heaven

With retractable and liberating wings....
Monday, October 17, 2005
Decide decide decide.....
Yesterday met up with a friend who is helping his aunt run a pet shop in the north side of singapore. Heard from him that he has got my favourite dog breed; Miniature schnauzer (black and silver coat color). It's extremely difficult to find this coat cover for miniature schnauzer at least that's what i heard and think

Now i'm in a major decision making mode, should I get the doggy and forgo getting a small cheap car to ease my transport cost which is a little taxing on my pocket?

If i got the dog will I have enough time amidst all my school and work and social life to take care of it since it's still a pup? That is on top of having my family scream my head off for getting a dog; but that's not as important since they will soon begin to like the inquisitive, cute and obedient nature of a miniature schnauzer This has happened before when i was dog-sitting and I'm surprised how much my family likes the dog and does not mind being followed around the house constantly by her *giggles*

If I were to get the doggy. I must prepare a nice little cozy corner in my messy house and make it more dog-friendly and dog-proof hence spend a bit. So I must be more careful of my money spending habits and save more for the cute doggy if i get the dog.

But........... Travelling through and fro from my place to the east side over the weekend and rushing to school after work is taxing me financially and physicall sometimes, therefore i spend a fair amount of my money to be chauffered to a designated place. Having a small car that's easy to park and maintain is convenient. But if I get the small car I can't get the doggy and it'll most probably take me a long time to find it again.

So I have to choose between being practical to get a small car and have more time on my hands or rearing a lovable cute doggy which will give me joy and laughter and take up more of my already spent time. Or perhaps I should not get a car nor buy a dog and just flag a cab when I can and want to or play with my gf's doggie at her place more often....
阿 呀!心 情 好 乱 不 知 道 如 何 是 好。

Oh dear I think more lines are appearing on my forehead.....


~


Just heard that the dog is taken back to the person who sold the dog to my friend's aunt pet shop. Apparently there is some abnormal discharge from his/her bottom.Poor cute little pup. *Awwwww...... : ( * Don't know if they will bring the dog back or give a new same coat color schnauzer. So which means I still have time to decide. Good! (^_^)

posted by Oink @ 10/17/2005 02:30:00 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger kittyn said…

    frankly speaking, i think you should get NEITHER the car nor the dog....

    first of all, like you said, the dog requires lots of commitment which you can hardly afford now with you busy schedule.

    Second reason, owning a car is even more expensive than buying one... each year, you'll have to fork out about $2K for things like season parking, road tax and insurance... not to mention servicing and maintenance (esp if its a second-hand car)...somemore if you suay suay kenna summon... plus $$ for car wash if you're lazy to wash your own car...

    conclusion: save the money and if you really feel like spending, pamper yourself to a holiday in Bangkok or something.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger kittyn said…

    oh yah... forgot to mention, petrol prices are sky high at $1.7 per litre currently... so you can expect to spend about $60-$70 per week just on petrol...

    strongly advise you to think abt saving the money and try to take public transport instead.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Oink said…

    Yup.... I guess....

    Sometimes I guess I need someone to repeat the same thing I have repeated to myself a million times.... Sigh... Tempted to get doggie rather than car....

    I guess I'll see how it goes...

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger kittyn said…

    well... dun say we didn't warn you.... cos currently I'm merely paying for all these and I don't even have to pay monthly installment for the car and already cannot tahan....

    plus... my cat of 8 years now prefer to play with my brother's gf than me.... just a clear example of how people with our kind of crazy schedules will work out with a pet. It's not fair to the pet nor your family if you can't afford the time and commitment.....

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger lAzy pAnda said…

    a dog is a lifetime commitment.... if no time very hard lor... even now my dog close to me, cos i'll let him out to run ard... i highly suspect tat he forgotten he got a "daddy" tho.... :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Pigs in Heaven | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Oink
Home: Messy yet organized, Sty, Singapore
About Me: A little dominant and fierce, sometimes can be very nice or nasty (varies from person to person)and likes to have fun
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Resources
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates

  • Kitty
  • Duck
  • Panda
  • Cornelius
  • Goosie
  • Felicia