Pigs in Heaven

With retractable and liberating wings....
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
WW III
Let me begin by even saying that's its absolutely horrifying to have a fight of the century to break out right behind your cubicle whilst you are trying to do some work.

Yesterday, there was a major argument between my female collegue and my boss. It was a heated shouting match between the sexes. A strong willed girl who does not like to be accused and lose a quarrel and a boss who does not admit his mistakes even though it may be purely due to miscommunication. Can you even begin to imagine? This is not the first but it is definitely the worst.

There I was quietly sitting down in the cubicle going about my own business, trying to finish my analyses on a DNA sequence and sparks flew across my head. I was really thinking whether I should have said something to at least ease up the tension a little. Then again my involvement could just have made things worst. It was like taking a hell ride on a mutilated 'Viking ship', every swing upwards seems to make you acrophobic even though it might be less than half a storey away from the ground. It went on for about an hour so with the rest of my working colleagues holding their breaths silently praying this horrendous experience will come to an end.

The day ended off bad... Having moments of dead silence and final showdown sentences in between like:

"If you do not trust the results I give you then do not ask me to do the job!"
"I did not say that, I just hope you would do something about it and find what's wrong and realise that this is the wrong way of approach to solve a problem. But if you do not want to do this job I will not force you to!"
"I have explained and assured you 90% that I have not done any wrong and if you insist on picking the 10% I have got nothing much to say. You can ask me to leave if you do not trust the results I have given you!"
"You have one month to settle this problem and if it can't be solved I will have no choice but to ask you to leave."

Oh dear dear.... All sentences that will lead to only one ending. I feel sad if she does leave because of purely miscommunication. She is a nice girl just a little head strong that's all. Helpful and witty. Well, I'm doing my part as a colleague trying to troubleshoot the problem together with her. Hopefully it helps and the results today will resolve all these tension....
posted by Oink @ 9/06/2005 08:54:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger lAzy pAnda said…

    ooh dear again?! sounds like u need armour as work clothes.... 8|

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Pigs in Heaven | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Oink
Home: Messy yet organized, Sty, Singapore
About Me: A little dominant and fierce, sometimes can be very nice or nasty (varies from person to person)and likes to have fun
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Resources
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates

  • Kitty
  • Duck
  • Panda
  • Cornelius
  • Goosie
  • Felicia